Art journaling is a way to creatively express yourself using a combination of art and words. It doesn’t need to be complicated or perfect. You don’t need to be an artist to art journal. Spending just fifteen minutes a day jotting down thoughts and drawing, doodling, painting, or however else you’d like to express yourself is a great way to ease into the creative process.
Some ideas to try with art journaling:
- Create an introduction page and draw a self portrait.
- Draw a map of any outdoor spaces you may have visited during NY PAUSE.
- Glue in some headlines from the newspaper and add your thoughts about the stories.
- Draw or include pictures of your pets and talk about how they handled having their owners home so much.
- Write a quote or mantra that has inspired you this year and embellish the space around it.