Please read the following terms before submitting your work.
I hereby consent and agree that the photos, audio, video, written or other kinds of materials (collectively, “materials”) I submitted will be donated to the New York State Education Department (“NYSED”), its successors and assignees, and shall be made available to the public, including, but not limited to, in-person access and publication, for scholarly, educational and research purposes. These materials were submitted at the request of the New York State Library Manuscripts and Special Collections, which functions within the Office of Cultural Education. I further consent and agree that NYSED shall also have the right to use, reproduce, publish (either in print or on the Internet) or exhibit these materials, the contents of the materials, their biographical narratives, and any written transcripts of the materials.
By submitting my photos, audio, video, written or other materials to the New York State Library (“Library”) I agree to the following:
- I am at least 18 years of age.
- I acknowledge that I will not receive any remuneration for NYSED’s use of any of the materials I have submitted to the Library. NYSED is permitted, although not obligated, to include my name as a credit in connection with my submission to the Library.
- I release NYSED and its assigns, licensees, employees, and successors from any claims, action, loss, damage or alleged infringement of any copyright, trademark, or other third-party property rights, rights of privacy, rights of publicity, or any liabilities—known or unknown—resulting from the publication or exhibition of my interview, audio and/or video recordings, photograph or copy of the materials I have submitted to the Library.
- I agree that NYSED has complete ownership of the materials that I have submitted to the Library, and NYSED can use said materials for any purpose. These uses include, but are not limited to, videos, publications, advertisements, news releases, Web sites, and any promotional or educational materials in any medium now known or later developed.
- I hereby represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, there are no infringement or misappropriation of another party’s intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, trademark and copyright. To the extent content I have submitted to the Library is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be the intellectual property of another, I agree to indemnify NYSED against all reasonable losses, including, but not limited to, attorney’s fees.